Out of Office Hours
To report an urgent maintenance issue out of office hours, please TEXT 07503 111 299
The out of office line is monitored during out of office hours only, however please note this is not an emergency line, this is not monitored through the night or 24 hours a day over the weekends. The out of office phone is monitored from 5pm-10pm on weekdays, and 10am-5pm on weekends.
The procedure is to text the phone with the house address and the details of the issue, you must also at the same time email email@example.com to report the issue directly to the office for the reasons outlined as above.
As soon as your message has been picked up on the out of office line the appropriate action will be taken by the agent, please note that we may need to make calls to contractors and await their response before we are in a position to respond to you, this may take a little time and we therefore ask that you please kindly bear with us for our response to you.
Please note that G4 Lets does not provide an out of office service for lost keys or where you may have locked yourself out of your property and or bedroom, if you lose your key or lock yourself out you have the choice of contacting a locksmith or alternatively contacting us during office opening times on 01273 552600 to check if we have a copy/copies of the keys and if so you may then come along to the office to borrow this/these, we will require a £50 deposit per key, you are required to return the key/s within 48 hours, it is then that we will reimburse you of your deposit.
If the key/s are not returned within 48 hours we will use the deposit to have additional key/s cut and the deposit will be forfeited.
The out of office line is for genuine urgent issues only, for anything that is not considered urgent you will be asked to await a response to your email that you are required to send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of situations that are genuinely urgent:
- Serious leak – This means a leak that you are unable to control, could potentially cause serious damage to the property before the next working day, or is causing flooding. Examples of non-serious leaks are anything that is not constant, where this is a drip or where showers/baths/taps that are leaking during use, in which case you will need to email the report to email@example.com this will be picked up first thing in the morning (on the next working day) and you will need to refrain from using this until the issue has been resolved by a contractor.
- Boiler breakdown – This means if your boiler completely stops working, however firstly we ask that you check the following:
- if you are on a meter for your electricity and or gas, that there is sufficient funds on the account
- that the thermostat (should be located in the hall) is turned up past the point to where you hear it click
- the timer is set to constant or timed for the heating on the boiler
- please check that the thermostatic valves on the radiators are turned on and that you don't have any items surrounding these as this will prevent it being able to detect the room temperature and hence to kick off the operation
If after checking the above it is still not working please download the instructions for your boiler online, if after the instructions for the boiler have been tried and tested and the boiler is still not working please text the out of hours line and email the report to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively you may contact the contractor directly on 07771 556 473, however if you do this please ensure you email the report to email@example.com so that we can follow this up with the contractor the next working morning
- Electricity failure – If the electricity fails it is a good idea to try and establish if any appliances (personal or those that belong to the Landlord) are faulty and thus tripping the switch. However, if none of the appliances are causing the trip and the electrics are still not working after flipping these back up on the fuse board please contact the out of hours line and email the report to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you may contact the contractor directly on 07977 058 901, however if you do this please ensure you email email the report to email@example.com so that we can follow this up with the contractor the next working morning.
- Fire alarm failure – if there is any kind of issue with your fire alarm i.e. a fault showing on the panel, please text the out of hours line and email the report to firstname.lastname@example.org if the alarm is sounding press ‘alt 5-1-4’ to activate the panel and press ‘silence’ to turn off the sound, you will still need to text the out of hours line and email the report to email@example.com, alternatively you may contact the contractor directly on 07977 058 901, however if you do this please ensure you email email the report to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can follow this up with the contractor the next working morning.
Please note: out of hours, the contractors will not be able to attend the office to collect keys as we are closed, therefore if it is agreed that the contractor will visit out-of-hours please be advised that you will need to remain in the house and listen out for the door so that the contractor will be able to gain access.
If you are on a key meter please ensure this has sufficient funds on before contacting us or one of our contractors.
Please note if the issue/s have been caused by the tenant/s the cost for the call out, labour and materials should any repair/s or replacement/s be necessary will be charged to the tenant/s.
In the event of an emergency i.e. a fire, a break in you will need to contact 999 and report this to us.
The timescale of which we aim for a contractor to visit by is within 48 hours of when we acknowledge receipt of your email, if the matter is of an urgent nature then this will be sooner.