Fair Processing Notice
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
G4 Lets is a Letting Agents at 2 Hythe Road, Brighton, BN1 6JS. We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
We are notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z1517746 and we are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Our Data Protection Officer is Mr Mark Shields.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect information about you:
- From your application for accommodation
- From your use of the Sturents website and information downloaded and completed from the Sturents website (including but not limited to creating tenancy agreements, guarantor agreements, or others).
We collect the following information about you:
- Tenant name, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, address, marital status, nationality, next of kin, name of university or college where you are studying (if applicable), Student ID.
- Guarantor name, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, address, marital status, nationality, Proof of Home Ownership, proof of ID and recent utility invoice.
- Property address; term, rent, deposit, utility and service responsibilities;
- Bank account details of the tenant/parent/guarantor, including account number and sort code.
- IP Address
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you;
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested;
- to help you to manage your tenancy;
- to carry out due diligence on any prospective tenant.
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our supplies which may affect you; and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf, within the UK. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- To the Bank in order to set up direct debits;
- To Sturents in order to register the deposits with The Tenancy Deposit Scheme or with the Scheme (MyDeposits) directly if necessary.
- In the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information may be disclosed to the relevant local authority, service/utility provider, freeholder or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
- We will not use your data for marketing purposes
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
When you give us information we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe. We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
Our full retention schedule is available by emailing a request to email@example.com
You have the right at any time to:
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in my records;
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
The accuracy of your information is important to us - please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
G4 Lets belongs to the National Landlord’s Association and the Property Ombudsman Scheme.